Wednesday, July 31, 2013

More to come (hopefully soon)

This is the beginning of a new blog to follow the progress of training, fundraising, and preparation for an upcoming fundraiser I've entitled "Running with Krissy".
As pretty much any one reading this blog already knows, I will be running (and hopefully completing!) the Portland, OR half-marathon (13.1 miles) in October. Not a big deal to most...it's just a half-marathon.
But, being me, that just wouldn't do. So, I decided to make a fundraiser out of this event. After contacting the leadership for the Portland Marathon, I've been able to compete as an "unofficial charity" and collect donations (as well as the nonprofit portion of my entry fee) to split between A Butterfly's Touch and SOFT.
What makes this different than any other half-marathon? I'm glad you asked :-)
I'm actually going to run the half-marathon with Krissy - a 13-year-old girl who has full Trisomy 18. Many of you know that Trisomy 18 is what affected Abigail Renee Wheat (our first daughter who was stillborn). Amazingly, Krissy has made it to age 13! She is such a sweet, happy girl, and I will be blessed to run pushing her for 13.1 miles.
Ok, there you have it. Blog entry #1 from Texas. I plan to update this blog as things progress for about the next 10 weeks until the run.
If you would like any more info about the charities that I'm fundraising for, please click the links below:
http://www.abutterflystouch.org
http://trisomy.org/

If you would be willing to help out with a donation, please click here:
http://www.crowdrise.com/runningwithkrissy/

Thank you so much for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment